A free PDF of a Lexi Magill and the Teleportation Tournament curriculum guide is here: Lexi Magill Curriculum Guide
A free PDF of a Lexi Magill and the Teleportation Tournament activity kit is here: Activity Kit for LEXI MAGILL
I would love to visit your school or library!
Currently, I offer a presentation best suited for grades 3-6. In my 45-minute to 1 hour “How to Create a Story” presentation, young writers will learn how to use their own experiences as a springboard for ideas and how to transform those ideas into a cohesive story. Using Lexi Magill and the Teleportation Tournament to show how to develop an idea into a real story and the researching and revising that goes along with it, my interactive PowerPoint presentation includes:
- Pictures and stories from my childhood that made me imagine a world where teleportation was real.
- A discussion of how to brainstorm ideas that will work with a story: I will explain the building blocks and challenges I faced in deciding which ideas worked with my story and which ideas I had to toss aside in conjunction with showing how important revision is to the story writing process.
- Research: I will talk about how I used the library to research scientists, countries, and fun locations included in my book story to create the tournament course and puzzles for the competitors to solve.
A Q&A session opportunity for students to ask questions about writing and publishing.
Host School/Library to provide:
• Good working, wireless microphone
• Digital projector, screen, computer (author will bring flash drive)
$750/day for up to three 1-hour presentations that day. No mileage/travel fee for schools/libraries located in the following Illinois counties: Cook, DeKalb, Du Page, Kane, and Will. For all other locations, 50 cents/mile fee will be calculated. If overnight stays are required, please contact me for specifics!
If you are interested in scheduling a visit, please complete the contact form, and I will get back to you!